TAX DEBT RELIEF OPTIONS – South CArolina Department of REvenueM&M Financial has been successfully resolving back tax liabilities for small businesses and individuals in South Carolina since 2009 and nationwide since 2005. We deal with the IRS and State taxing authorities for you, so you do not have to! If you or your business owe the South Carolina Department of Revenue back-taxes we recommend first reading about your South Carolina Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights.Below is some information that will help you start resolving your state tax liabilities. If you have questions and would like to talk to a licensed Tax Resolution Specialist please do not hesitate to call us at 866-487-5624
PAYMENT PLANS TO RESOLVE SOUTH CAROLINA BACK TAXES
South Carolina Department of Revenue (SC-DOR) has different Payment Agreement options for individual and businesses. Individual Payment Agreement Guidelines
Business Payment Agreement Guidelines
- $0 - $999 tax owed 12 months or less
- $1,000 - $4,999 tax owed 24 months or less
- $5,000 - $9,999 tax owed 36 months or less
- $10,000+ tax owed 48 months or less
Other Helpful Payment Plan Information
- All tax balances owed 18 months or less
- Tax liens are typically filed even if you set up a Payment Agreement with SC-DOR.
- Defaulted payment plans may be considered for reinstated after a significant down payment.
- 100% current tax compliance is required for both business and personal payment plans.
REDUCE YOUR SC-DOR TAX DEBT
South Carolina does not
have an Offer in Compromise program available to settle a tax liability for a lesser amount.
It’s also very difficult to get penalties removed
. The state doesn’t typically consider financial hardship as a reason for penalty relief. With that said, you can request penalty relief using the South Carolina Penalty Waiver Request
TAX RESOLUTION CASE EXAMPLES
The South Carolina Department of Revenue has some
flexibility when it comes to back tax liabilities. Each case varies based on factors such as your compliance history, type of tax owed and total amount past due. Here are some case examples in your state negotiated by M&M
page last reviewed 1/4/2018Get Free Tax Guides & Evaluation